Congress 2016 is now over.
Join us for Congress 2017 at Ryerson University!
- Onsite registration hours
- Before you register
- How to register
- Payment options
- Terms & conditions
- International attendees
Visit the Registration Desk in the Congress Hub to register onsite, should you check-in, or for assistance. The Congress Hub will be located in the Jack Simpson Gym at the University of Calgary (see campus map). The hours of operation will be:
- May 27 – 10:00 to 17:00
- May 28 to June 2 – 7:30 to 17:00
- June 3 – 7:30 to 14:00
- Review the Congress fees, the online calendar of events and the association conference fee schedule to find your association and decide which conferences you wish to register for.
- Take note of the Congress Registration Desk location and hours, as you’ll need to visit it when you arrive on site to pick up your receipt, official access badge and registration package.
- If you are attending your association’s conference as a member or presenting at Congress 2016, renew your membership status on your association’s website and check out the Info for presenters page.
Online registration is the quickest and easiest registration method available to you – you will automatically receive an email confirmation and you will be able to re-enter the system at any time to make changes. You can also register by mail or by fax, though some additional conditions will apply. An email confirming your registration will be sent to you once the process is complete, no matter how you register. The onsite registration desk will also be available as of Friday, May 27, 2016.
Log into to the Congress registration portal to register for Congress from early January until June 3, 2016. If you are new to Congress, you will be prompted to create a new account. Those who have attended Congress in a previous year (2008 to 2015) can return to their accounts to register for this year. You can also request a new username or password, if required.
After you have registered, you can return to the Congress registration portal to:
- view/update your personal information
- add another association’s conference
- request a refund (see Terms and conditions)
By mail or fax
To register by mail or by fax, download the registration form and the association conference fee schedule. Follow the instructions on these documents and return the fully completed registration form, with payment, to:
300 – 275 Bank St
Ottawa, ON K2P 2L6
All mail and fax forms must be received by May 15, 2016. After that date, only online or onsite registrations are accepted.
The registration fees are broken down into two components – the Congress fee and the Association conference fees. For more information about this structure, consult About the fees.
The Congress fee is mandatory for all attendees including organizers, speakers, presenters, panelists and those chairing or attending a session.
|Congress fee prior to March 31||Congress fee as of April 1|
|Students, retired and unwaged||$65||$85|
Association conference fees
The association conference fees are mandatory for all attendees participating at association sessions, including organizers, speakers, presenters, panelists and those chairing or attending a session. Association conference fees do not cover the association’s membership fees. For membership inquiries, please contact the association directly.
Click here to view the association conference fee schedule.
If you wish to ONLY attend those general events indicated in the online calendar of events and the Congress Guide as open to all registered Congress attendees, then the association conference fees do not apply. However you will not be entitled to participate in sessions that have access restricted to registered attendees of an association, which includes all association conferences.
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express): online, by mail, by fax and onsite
- Cheque or money order: by mail (in Canadian funds, made out to ‘Congress 2016’, no postdated cheques)
- Interac: Onsite only
Note: Cash or cheques will not be accepted onsite.
- Telephone registrations cannot be accepted.
- All registration forms received by mail and fax must be completely filled out and be accompanied with full payment of fees by May 15, 2016. After that date, only online or onsite registrations will be accepted.
- A $25 administration fee will be added in cases of insufficient funds or invalid credit card numbers.
- Cancellations are accepted until April 15, 2016, subject to a $20 service fee. Unfortunately, no refunds are possible after this date.
The Federation is a registered charity (89241 1141 RR0001) and is exempt from charging GST/HST.