Conference of the Canadian Society for the History of Medicine (CSHM)
About the conference
“History Matters” for the current state and future of medicine. The Canadian Society for the History of Medicine (CSHM) meets from May 28 to May 30, 2016. It brings together historians of medicine, healthcare, and nursing and will feature two keynote lectures, one by prize winning scholar Dr. Elena Conis on the history of vaccination, a history of medicine exhibit in the Cumming School of Medicine alongside a program of compelling research presentations. Our Society is known for interdisciplinary research and discussion and we invite physicians, population health researchers, and health policy makers to share in the society’s proceedings.
- Conference website: cshm-schm.ca/annual-conference-conference-annuelle/
- Subject areas: medicine, healthcare, nursing, health policy
- Final program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-04-22)
- President's reception: Sunday, May 29, 2016
- Deadline: 2015-11-30
- Link: cshm-schm.ca/call-for-papers-canadian-society-for-the-history-of-medicine-2016/
- Dr. Elena Conis, Department of History, Emory University
- Dr. Sasha Mulhally, Department of History, University of New Brunswick
- History of Medicine Exhibit
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Canadian Society for the History of Medicine (CSHM, #70) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Mary-Ellen Kelm, Simon Fraser University
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Frank Stahnisch, University of Calgary
- Association website: www.cshm-schm.ca