Conference of the Association for Canadian and Québec Literatures (ACQL)
About the conference
Featuring an array of celebrated Alberta writers and scholars, as well as presenters from across Canada, Quebec, and the world, the 2016 ACQL conference takes its inspiration from the Western Canadian milieu of this year's Congress. As ground zero for debates about oil sands, energy, and the environment, Alberta is a site that invites us to explore the roles that literature and criticism have played over time as vehicles for intervening in sociopolitical debates and for variously shaping or redefining the terms of social engagement in Canada and Québec.
- Conference website:artsites.uottawa.ca/alcq-acql/en/colloquesconferences/2016-calgary/
- Final program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-05-02)
- President's reception: Sunday, May 29, 2016
- Deadline: 2016-02-01
- Link: artsites.uottawa.ca/alcq-acql/en/
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Association for Canadian and Québec Literatures (ACQL, #7) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Sylvie Bérard, Trent University; Andrea Cabajsky, Université de Moncton
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Jason Lee Wiens, University of Calgary
- Association website: artsites.uottawa.ca/alcq-acql/en/