Conference of the Canadian Association for Theatre Research (CATR)
About the conference
The Canadian Association for Theatre Research is the primary gathering of Theatre scholars in this country. Academics and Theatre practitioners from coast-to-coast gather to share, discuss, and debate the state of theatre scholarship and practice in Canada and abroad. This year's conference will feature a strong focus on the Calgary and Alberta performance landscape and feature an impressive array of performances, staged readings, panels, presentations, and workshops. We will combine multiple plenary presentations, featuring numerous local performance scholars and artists, with a major international keynote presentation to provide a strong expression of the state of our field.
This year's conference will engage the familiar theme of "community" through a contemporary lens, with a focus on how specific intersections of diverse collaborators are revisioning the character and capacity of community dynamics in the twenty-first century.
- Conference website: catracrt.ca/
- Subject areas: theatre, performance, drama, theatre history, community engagement
- Final program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-04-22)
- President's reception: Sunday, May 29, 2016
- Deadline: 2016-01-15
- Link: catracrt.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/catrc2a0conference-2016-general-call.pdf
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Canadian Association for Theatre Research (CATR, #64) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Kim Solga, Western University
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Bruce Barton, University of Calgary
- Association website: catracrt.ca