Conference of the Canadian Sociological Association (CSA)
About the conference
The Annual CSA Conference makes it possible for our members to meet and discuss academic, research, educational and administrative matters. As a CSA member, you will have the opportunity to disseminate your findings, and to learn from other researchers through organized sessions that cover core areas as well as emerging directions in the discipline.
- Conference website: csa-scs.ca/conference/en
- Subject areas: the changing nature of Canadian society; reconciliation, inclusion and diversity; inequality and intersectionality; engaging alternative voices; developing and applying Sociology
- Preliminary program (PDF): download it here (PDF, updated 2016-04-26)
- Final program (PDF): Available May 1, 2016
- President's reception: Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- Deadline: 2016-02-01
- Link: csa-scs.ca/conference/call-for-abstracts/
- Dr. Abdie Kazemipur, University of Lethbridge – recipient of the 2015 John Porter Tradition of Excellence Book Award
- Dr. Monica Boyd, University of Toronto – recipient of the 2015 Outstanding Contribution Award
- Dr. Eleanor Maticka-Tyndale, University of Windsor - Of Dirty Boots and Ivory Towers: Doing Sociology with Community Partners
- Dr. Daniel Béland, University of Saskatchewan - Sociology and Public Policy
- Welcome Reception hosted by the Sociology Department at the University of Calgary (Monday, May 30)
- Annual Banquet and Award Ceremony (Tuesday, May 31) – tickets required
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Canadian Sociological Association (CSA, #59) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Terry Wotherspoon, University of Saskatchewan; Sherry Fox, CSA
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Gillian Ranson, University of Calgary; Erin Gibbs Van Brunschot, University of Calgary
- Association website: www.csa-scs.ca
- Twitter: @csa_sociology