Conference of the Canadian Peace Research Association (CPRA)
About the conference
The CPRA 2016 conference is the only event in Canada which will bring together scholars and activists from Canada and abroad concerned with critical international- relations issues that have been challenging the global and regional order and stability. Organized through panels, keynote speakers and individual papers, the CPRA conference to be held during 1-3 June will offer a unique opportunity to professors, Peace-Researchers, independent thinkers and graduate students to discuss peace -related issues in a participant-involving occasion.
The CPRA conference's basic objective is to search for and seek global peace, with the hope that this objective will highly energize the communities of scholars and the Canadian Prairies during Congress 2016.
- Conference website: cpra-arcp.weebly.com/2016-cpra-program.html
- Subject areas: The Syrian and Middle-East Crises; the migration crisis of Europe; the nuclear-arms threat to humanity; human rights and violence against women.
- Preliminary program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-05-15)
- Final program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-05-27)
- President's reception: Thursday, June 2, 2016
- Deadline: 2016-02-29
- Link: cpra-arcp.weebly.com/
- Dr. Akhtar Ehtisham of U.S.A. on Violence Against Women
- Dr. Shreesh Juyal on the Syrian Crisis
- Dr. Erika Simpson on The contributions of two famous Canadian peace researchers: Professor Anatol Rapoport and Senator Douglas Roche
- Dr. Rob Huebert on The Arctic Security and Canadian Sovereignty.
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Canadian Peace Research Association (CPRA, #46) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Shreesh Juyal, St. Thomas University
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Robert Huebert, University of Calgary
- Association website: www.cpra-arcp.weebly.com