Conference of the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Netherlandic Studies (CAANS)
About the conference
The Canadian Association for the Advancement of Netherlandic Studies, also known as CAANS, will be holding its annual meeting on May 28 and 29. The programme will offer a rich variety of talks on all things Dutch (and Flemish): from the historical to the religious, from the literary to the artistic, from the folkloric traditions of the past to the avant-garde art movements of today, from the Dutch and Flemish immigrant experiences in North America to current political issues in the Netherlands and Belgium. In short, a smorgasbord of topics certain to appeal to a wide audience.
- Conference website: caans-acaen.ca/congress/
- Subject areas: Netherlandic Studies: Language and Literature, Art and Art History, History and Politics
- Preliminary program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-04-18)
- Final program (PDF): n/a
- President's reception: Sunday, May 29, 2016
- Deadline: 2016-01-07
- Link: caans-acaen.ca/congress/
The CAANS 2016 keynote speaker is Dr. Peter van Zonneveld (Universiteit Leiden), whose work focuses on the Dutch literature of the 19th century and of the Dutch colonial era.
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Netherlandic Studies (CAANS, #43) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Tanja Collet, University of Windsor
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Mary Eggermont-Molenaar
- Association website: www.caans-acaen.ca