Conference of the Canadian Society for the Study of Names (CSSN)
About the conference
Come learn about the meanings, history and use of personal names and place names. Discuss current issues surrounding place names in Canada that are being changed and reclaimed. Learn about naming traditions from around the world, including indigenous names in Canada. Everyone has a name and every name has a story, we want to hear yours too!
- Conference website: csj.ualberta.ca/sco/index.php/home/meeting-of-the-canadian-society-for-the-study-of-names/
- Subject areas: place names, personal names, brand names, fictional names
- Final program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-04-22)
- President's reception: Sunday, May 29, 2016
- Deadline: 2016-01-15
- Link: csj.ualberta.ca/sco/index.php/home/meeting-of-the-canadian-society-for-the-study-of-names/
Carol Lombard, University of the Free State, South Africa will be speaking at the meeting of the Canadian Society for the Study of Names about American cattle brands and their influence on identity and culture.
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Canadian Society for the Study of Names (CSSN, #42) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Karen Pennesi, Western University
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Carol Léonard, University of Alberta
- Association website: www3.csj.ualberta.ca/sco/index.php/home/