Conference of the Canadian University Music Society (MusCan)
About the conference
The Canadian University Music Society (MusCan) will hold its annual conference on the University of Calgary campus, June 1-3, 2015. This unique gathering of music scholars, performers, composers and educators from Canada and beyond will present dynamic papers, lively round table discussions and stimulating lectures on all aspects (and all types) of music. Mini-recitals are presented daily as well, giving members and all Congress-goers the opportunity to basque in the beauty of music and the acoustics of the Eckhardt-Gramatté Recital Hall.
- Conference website: muscan.org/en/conference/conference-2016
- Final program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-04-23)
- President's reception: Thursday, June 2, 2016
- Deadline: 2015-11-23
- Link: muscan.org/en/conference/conference-2016
The Canadian University Music Society (MusCan) Composers' Concert takes place on Thursday evening, June 2, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. Come hear some of Calgary's finest performers present new works by Canadian composers. A highlight of the concert is the premiere performance of the 2016 MusCan Student Composer Competition prize winner. This award recognizes achievement by a university student who is a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant or who is studying at a Canadian institution.
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Canadian University Music Society (MusCan, #41) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: Kenneth DeLong, University of Calgary; Valentina Bertolani, University of Calgary
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Joelle Welling, University of Calgary
- Association website: muscan.org