Conference of the Sexuality Studies Association (SSA)
About the conference
Join our association for our fourth annual meeting from May 29-31, 2016 at the University of Calgary. As critical scholars and activists situated in relation to various academic, artistic, and political networks, the association runs a variety of panels, workshops, performances, and exhibits that highlight the intersections of sexuality, race, class, gender, and indigeneity. This year, our conference explores the places of resistance and collusion operationalized by contemporary sexualities and sexuality studies. We ask which communities and forms of belonging are made viable, and which are rendered uninhabitable within contemporary framings of sexuality in an age of global politics?
- Conference website: sexualitystudiesassociation.wordpress.com/ssaaes-conference-2016
- Preliminary program (PDF): download it here (updated 2016-05-03)
- Final program (PDF): n/a
- President's reception: Monday, May 30, 2016
- Deadline: 2015-12-04
- Link: sexualitystudiesassociation.wordpress.com/ssaaes-conference-2016
Senior Scholars Panel, May 29, 4-6pm
- Kamala Kempadoo (York University)
- Morgan Holmes (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Thomas Waugh (Concordia University)
- Mary Bryson (UBC)
- Scott Morgenson (Queen's University)
Only those people who are registered for Congress 2016 and have added the Sexuality Studies Association (SSA, #303) to their Congress registration may attend this conference. Please note that conference registration fees are separate from the association's membership fees.
About the association
For more information about membership or this conference, please contact the association directly at the contacts listed below.
- Program Chair: reese simpkins, York University
- Local Arrangement Coordinator: Rebecca Sullivan, University of Calgary
- Association website: sexualitystudiesassociation.wordpress.com
- Twitter: @SexualitySA