The University of Calgary is pleased to offer child care services to registered attendees of Congress 2016. Two child care services are available as described below, and will operate from 8:00 to 17:00 each day of Congress, from May 28 – June 3. Click here for the PDF brochure.
Congress attendees who require child care services must pre-register their children before April 16. Drop-in child care services are not available during Congress 2016.
Once registered, you will be emailed with further information as Congress approaches, including drop off times and locations. Please note that attendees are required to remain on campus while their children are being minded.
Child minding (6 months to 5 years)
UCCC Society is pleased to be providing child minding services for Congress 2016. The UCCC Society is a non-profit organization established in 1976 which operates two Accredited Child Care Centres within the University of Calgary campus. At the University Child Care Centre (UCCC), we believe that play is imperative during the early years of a child’s life. The need to imagine, create, explore and discover is at the core of a child and teaches them to relate to others and the world around them. Our goal is to provide an exemplary, enriched program that supports and encourages the unique potential within each child. We do this by promoting the natural process of play in an enriched setting that provides optimal conditions for each child to grow, develop, and learn at his or her individual pace.
Includes: AM & PM snack and hot lunch
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Day camp (6 to 12 years)
Calling all Congress kids! Get a chance to dig into the best of the University of Calgary Summer Camps like never before. Each day is a unique experience of a variety of activities offered by Mini University, Minds in Motion and the Outdoor Centre. Kids will get the opportunity to jump into the pool, build lego, go climbing, dig for dinos, play indoor/outdoor games and sports, be creative in the arts and so much more. Through active, hands-on, fun activities, this is the perfect chance to utilize the University of Calgary’s professional facilities. Bring your energy for this exciting opportunity to engage your mind and body!
Includes: AM & PM snack and boxed lunch
Questions? Contact email@example.com
- Go to www.ucalgary.ca/activeliving and click “LOGIN” in the top right corner.
- Create a new account or enter your login information to access the system.
- To add your children to your account, access your profile by clicking on your name in the top right corner. From this drop-down menu, select the “My Family Members” link and add children by clicking the “Add a Family member” button.
- Complete a medical form for each child added to your account by clicking on the “Forms” button next to their name and following the onscreen instructions.
- Once your children are added to your account, use the large search field near the top of the page to find the Congress Kids program or the Congress Child Minding program. When searching, select the program by clicking on its title.
- Once you have selected the program, you will see a listing of available days to choose from. You can only select one day at a time, so complete the registration process for each day separately.
- When you reach the “Shopping Cart” page, click on the “Continue Shopping” button on the left side to repeat the process for each day you wish to register your child. You will also need to repeat the process should you wish to register additional children for either program. Note that you will need to search for the program each time, or use the link above for the appropriate program.
- Once you have selected a registration for each child on all desired days and for each service required, submit the registration by paying for all items in your cart (credit card only).
To withdraw or transfer a $10 fee applies. No refunds or transfers are offered on or after 14 days before the service start date.
Medical conditions and special care
Each child care service requires the completion of a medical form as part of the registration process. Should your child have any known medical conditions, require prescription medication, have special care needs and any allergies or food sensitivities, please state this on the medical form accordingly. Note that prescribed medication should be brought with you at the time of drop off and be in the original container stating the child’s name and dosage information.
Click here for the Child care brochure