Tools & Resources
Here you will find quick links to Congress related lists, forms, guides and videos. Check back often, as more resources will be added as they become available.
- Congress 2016 Planning Guide (PDF)
- Association conference schedule (PDF)
- Association conference fee schedule (PDF)
- Task list for organizers (PDF)
- List of organizers (PDF)
- Allowable complimentary guests for member associations (PDF)
- Planning Meeting video
- Planning Meeting PowerPoint slides
- Tip sheet for Conference Highlights Form
- Tips for ordering AV and catering (PDF)
- Accessible Presentations: A guide for Congress presenters (PDF)
- Cultural Protocol Guidelines (PDF)
- Congress map (PDF)
Forms & menus:
- Conference Highlights form (online)
- Special Event Listing Form (online)
- International Keynote Speaker Support Fund application (via Request System)
- Aid for Interdisciplinary Sessions Fund application (via Request System)
- Catering menu (PDF)
- AV and equipment menu (PDF)
- Child care brochure (PDF)
Many different versions of the Congress logo are available for your use, but you must adhere to the Logo usage guidelines (PDF) when using them.
Congress 2016 visual tool kit for organizers (The file is a zip file for download. You will need to extract its content. For assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
This kit comprises a series of logos and visual elements, some of which are available separately below, to help you promote Congress 2016 and your conference on your website, in your emails to members, on your conference program, etc.
- 3-in-1 logo badge - English (JPG)
- 3-in-1 logo badge - French (JPG)
- Congress logo - with date and location - English (JPG)
- Congress logo - with date and location - French (JPG)
- Congress logo - without date and location - English (JPG)
- Congress logo - without date and location - French (JPG)
- Congress badge - English (JPG)
- Congress badge - French (JPG)
- Federation logo - bilingual (JPG)
- University of Calgary logo (JPG)
Additional high resolution logos are available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com.
The Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences is the largest multidisciplinary academic gathering in Canada. Organized by the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences, Congress brings together academics, researchers, policy-makers, and practitioners to share findings, refine ideas, and build partnerships that will help shape the Canada of tomorrow. The 2016 Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences is an initiative of the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences and is hosted by the University of Calgary.
About the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences
The Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research and teaching for the advancement of an inclusive, democratic and prosperous society. With a membership now comprising over 160 universities, colleges and scholarly associations, the Federation represents a diverse community of 91,000 researchers and graduate students across Canada. The Federation organizes Canada’s largest academic gathering, the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, bringing together more than 8,000 participants each year. For more information about the Federation, visit www.ideas-idees.ca.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is a leading Canadian university located in the nation's most enterprising city. The university has a clear strategic direction to become one of Canada's top five research universities by 2016, where research and innovative teaching go hand in hand, and where it fully engages the communities it both serves and leads. This strategy is called Eyes High, inspired by the university's Gaelic motto, which translates as 'I will lift up my eyes.' For more information, visit www.ucalgary.ca.
If you have any questions, please contact Donna LeLièvre.