You will find here elements to help you better understand Congress and promote it along with your association's conference to your members and partners.
Congress 2016 theme: "Energizing communities"
We encourage you to keep the theme "Energizing communities" in mind as you plan your programming. Find out more
Promoting your association's conference program
You are responsible for sending a PDF version of your conference program to email@example.com, which will then be posted online. Congress attendees, media representatives and scholarly publishers often search these online conference programs ahead of time in preparation for Congress. Ensuring that the Federation has the most up-to-date version of your association’s conference program can greatly enhance the experience of your attendees.
Promoting special events
Associations often hold special events they wish to open to all attendees. Fill out the Special Event Listing Form and these events will be posted in the online calendar and the Congress Guide, helping to boost your numbers with increased promotion.
Federation and University of Calgary programming
We encourage you to include the following events in your conference programs, as they are open to all attendees.
- Big Thinking: Hear leading scholars and public figures from around the globe present forward-thinking research, ideas and solutions to the critical questions and issues of our time.
- Career Corner: Partake in a professional development workshop series and learn about career advancement, teaching techniques, lesson planning, publishing research and careers beyond academia.
- Interdisciplinary symposia: Attend this series focused on interdisciplinary research on issues of national and global importance in the humanities and social sciences.
- Congress Expo: Visit Canada's largest academic trade show including 60 exhibitors, book launches, book signings, career presentations and networking receptions.
The President’s receptions, hosted by the University of Calgary, are a long-standing Congress tradition and an excellent networking opportunity. To determine the date for your association, please find your association on the association page. You are encouraged to promote your association’s assigned date in your conference program. All President's receptions take place in EEEL (Energy, Environment, Experiential Learning) Building. For a sneak peek at this architectural gem, visit www.ucalgary.ca/cem/our_spaces/eeel.
The Congress 2016 official President’s Receptions’ dates are:
- Sunday, May 29 from 17:00 to 19:00
- Monday, May 30 from 17:00 to 19:00
- Wednesday, June 1 from 17:00 to 19:00
- Thursday, June 2 from 17:00 to 19:00